PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTION
To comply with current data protection and privacy regulations, we are advising you that your details will be securely stored on the Rockstaff website after you register. We may also use our Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software to process your data and manage our relationship with you.
The information you provide as part of any application to a Rockstaff vacancy will be used to progress the application and, if the application is successful, to administer your personal record. Should you be unsuccessful at this stage, we will record your details on our CRM in order to consider you for further suitable opportunities with our clients that may arise in the near future.
Rockstaff may collect and use the following kinds of personal information:
- Information that you provide using for the purpose of registering with the website;
- Information that you provide for the purpose of subscribing to the website services;
- Name and job title;
- Contact information including email address and telephone number;
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests;
- Any other information that you send to Rockstaff;
- Information from websites that display information about you publicly. For example, social media profiles such as LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook, your online profile on your current employer’s network, any articles about you or any public listing of your profile.
USING PERSONAL INFORMATION
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, Rockstaff may use your personal information to:
- Enabling your access to and use of the website and the website services;
- Generate your Rockstaff candidate profile;
- Send you marketing communications;
- Internal record keeping on our CRM;
- Matching you with suitable job opportunities;
- Contact you with targeted vacancy alerts;
- If you opt-in to the Candidate Profiles service, we will make your details and Rockstaff candidate profile available to search by third party recruiters and prospective employers. Please see below for more information on this service.
Rockstaff and our affiliates will only use your data only for the purposes mentioned above and retain it only as long as they are required to.
When you complete your Rockstaff candidate profile, you are given the option (in the form of a tick-box) to opt-in to Rockstaff’s Candidate Search service; by default the tick-box is set to ‘Private’ to protect confidentiality. If you choose to opt-in and make your profile public, then your candidate profile will be made available to and searchable by third party recruiters and prospective employers, which can greatly increase your visibility and aid your job search. You can subsequently opt-in or opt-out of the Candidate Search service at any time by amending your privacy and contact settings in the ‘Online Resume’ section of your ‘Candidate Dashboard’.
SECURING YOUR DATA
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Your data will be retained for only as long as it is necessary which includes our legal obligations for retaining data. On occasions where there is a requirement to extend the retention of your data, we would be asking for your consent again, if required.
We’ve also implemented the following security measures:
- Password protected accounts;
- Strict verification of recruiter accounts;
- Organisational measures, including formal training of staff and confidentiality clauses in employment contracts, to minimise the risk of data breaches internally;
- All candidate profiles have optional visibility, and are set as ‘Private’ by default, until changed by the user;
- Hacking protection and detection system;
- Breach reporting within 72 hours of detection to the appropriate regulatory body.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting, but are committed to minimising spam.
As a data subject, you are entitled to & are able to exercise your Rights as explained in the EU GDPR(Articles 13 to 22). For details on the Rights, refer here.
Rockstaff recognises that the GDPR will help us move towards the highest standards of operations in protecting user data. We have laid out how we honour your Rights as a data subject below:
Right to be informed
Right to Rectification
- To ensure the data we hold of you is accurate, we implement measures to encourage our users to update their records periodically.
- We provide a portal that allow our users to securely access and adjust the data that we hold on them for the purposes of delivering our services.
Right to Portability
- If we receive a request for a digital copy of the data we hold on a data subject, we have implemented processes to deliver this data to the individual within a month of receiving the request.
Right to Restriction
- All data subjects can request an immediate restriction of data processing by emailing our data protection officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Right to Objection
- Using our CRM’s online database portal, data subjects also have the ability to retract/withdraw consent at any point.
Right to Erasure
- Provided there’s no “compelling reason” for us to continue storing/processing data, users can erase their data from our website from their candidate dashboard, adjust their CV and career preferences in our CRM’s database portal, or email email@example.com to be permanently deleted from our records.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.