Geoprofessions Geophysical Interpretation
Years of Experience 5
Degrees Bachelor’s Degree
Deployment Office Based
Rockstaff are exclusively sourcing a senior geophysicist to lead and support geohazard interpretation within the Geophysics Department of our client.
- Interpretation and integration of geohazard data from a variety of sources including geotechnical, shallow geophysical and 2D/3D seismic.
- A Senior Geophysicist must have a broad overview of the interpretation process, in particular, commercial awareness and the implications of their work.
- A Senior Geophysicist must be able to act on their own initiative during the reporting process and respond to detailed and specific clients requests as they arise during the reporting process.
- A Senior Geophysicist must be able to produce high standard technical reports that meet the aims of the client.
- A Senior Geophysicist must have the depth of knowledge to be accountable for formal Quality Control of reports and be able to support and train junior staff both onshore and off.
- A Senior Geophysicist must be able to update and enhance existing procedures. They must be able to acquire new interpretation techniques and develop specialist roles where required.
- A Senior Geophysicist should be able to work in a supervisory role to manage a number of junior geophysicists on larger projects as well as working independently on specific projects.
Teamwork & Communication
- Required at all levels of the department and with all relevant Communication departments within the Group. In particular survey data processors and Geophysicists.
- Support departmental managers in the delivery of effective employee communications across the Department.
- Contribute to the effectiveness of the service through positive support and joint working with colleagues throughout the Group.
- Acknowledge the diversity of colleagues, to acknowledge their different needs and to treat each person in a fair and reasonable manner.
Health, Safety, Security and the Environment
- Ensure all Company HSSE policies are known and observed.
- Assist in ensuring the safety, security and maintenance of the building, information systems, fittings and equipment, including reporting defects and being responsible for your own safety, and that of other staff, and any member of the public who may be affected by your acts and omissions at work.
- Assist with any other reasonable duties as requested by the line manager. Training will be provided if required.
- Attend any training/development or secondment as agreed or instructed by your line manager.
- Five years of experience of integrated geohazard assessment within a report-writing environment.
- Nominally a degree in a relevant earth science discipline.
- Experienced at seismic interpretation on a workstation and
have detailed knowledge of associated software to meet the objectives of the role.
- Maturity and commitment as extended and flexible working hours may be required to meet project deadlines and client requirements.
- Flexible and adaptable; to work in a changing environment and be open to new ideas.
- Develop constructive and open relationships with a wide range of people.
- Display a proactive approach in taking work issues forward.
- Problem solving; uses initiative and assertiveness within remit.
- Communicates; in a clear, open and honest way and encourages constructive feedback
- Engages in new opportunities.