On behalf of our client, we are sourcing geotechnical engineers with offshore design experience for a growing consultancy that specialises in marine geotechnics, geophysics and foundation engineering.
As the successful candidate, you will have the opportunity to gain experience with offshore and nearshore geotechnical projects in the renewable energy, oil & gas and subsea cable markets.
The employer offers:
- Industry leading remuneration.
- Potential for bonuses subject to company performance.
- Potential for an equity stake in the business for outstanding candidates who can consistently add value to the bottom line and demonstrate their worth to the team.
- Pension scheme.
- A culture that puts work/life balance at its core.
- A focus on personal development for all their people.
- Post-graduate experience in offshore oil and gas and/or offshore renewables or subsea cables industries in a geotechnical / foundation design role.
- Demonstrable Project Management skills.
- Ability to develop budgets and manage these effectively.
- Willingness to work offshore and/or on site for limited periods of time (by mutual agreement).
- A willingness to learn and teach others.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Outstanding inter-personal skills. Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively with colleagues and Clients.
- Knowledge of:
- design and installation issues relating to driven piles, suction caissons, gravity based foundations, anchoring systems, jack-up emplacement, trenching etc.
- Pipeline Soil Interaction (PSI) and trenching design and analysis.
- Offshore site investigation techniques, geotechnical laboratory testing and data interpretation.
- GIS systems, their application and use of relevant software.
- Industry Standards, Codes and Recommended Practice.
- Use of relevant software (e.g. MS Office, GRLWEAP, Origin, OPILE, APILE, LPILE etc.)
- Ability to demonstrate a strong network within the offshore geoscience community.
- Relevant offshore experience in site investigation and /or geotechnical related construction issues (e.g. piling, trenching, dredging, rock placement etc.).
- Experience of Business Development and marketing activities.
- Author and presenter of technical papers at industry conferences (e.g. OTC, DOT, SUT, ISFOG etc.).
- Membership of relevant industry bodies (e.g. SUT, BGS, OES etc.).
- Degree in Civil Engineering (preferably) or Engineering Geology [other degrees may be considered with relevant post-graduate experience].
- Master’s Degree or PHD in relevant discipline (e.g. Geotechnical Engineering) would be advantageous
- Chartered status - or actively working towards chartered status - with ICE, IMarEST, Geological Society or equivalent.