This role offers a very competitive package and represents a fantastic opportunity to develop a career within a thriving, privately owned business.
Ideally suited to someone with at least one year’s previous experience working in the UK as a site investigation contractor. The individual should be well organised, quality orientated and self motivating.
Predominantly a fieldwork based role undertaking a wide range of engineering duties on sites throughout the UK. Logging soils and rocks to relevant standards, trial pitting and supervision of several different types of drilling rig will be key activities. The individual must be able to work well as an individual and as part of a larger engineering team. Training and mentoring will be provided to develop skills and experience.
Primary job roles will include:
- Setting up and organising site investigation projects.
- Liaison with clients and site occupiers to organise fieldwork.
- Supervision of trial pitting, cable percussion drilling, rotary drilling, window sampling, inspection pits, dynamic probing and dynamic cone penetrometer testing.
- Borehole monitoring.
- Processing of field information and lab schedules.
- Factual reporting.
This role is ideally aimed at individuals with some experience and the following skills would be preferred;
- Excellent communication and organisational skills to liaise with clients, suppliers and other team members.
- Relevant UK based experience of setting up and managing investigation contracts in accordance with current best working practice and standards.
- Awareness and understanding of site H&S requirements.
- Ability to accurately log soil and rock in accordance with BS5930 2015 and EC7
- Carrying out site sampling and in situ testing in accordance with best practice and current standards.
- Liaise with the testing lab and client to organise lab testing.
- Ability to write factual reports.
- Full and clean UK driving license is essential
No specific educational requirements requested.