Rockstaff is seeking to appoint a Principal/Associate Engineering Geologist or Principal Contaminated Land Specialist with strong technical and project management skills to manage and help our client continue to grow their site investigation and contaminated land assessment business. This is an excellent opportunity for an individual to join a successful growing business.
- Manage and grow the existing contaminated land team.
- Project management and technical delivery of projects in the UK.
- Plan and manage ground investigations and monitoring.
- Manage the preparation of Phase 1, 2 and 3 risk assessment reports including
integration of geotechnical solutions on projects.
- Design, validation and management of remedial schemes.
- Manage the supervision and verification of remediation.
- Regulator liaison
- Mentoring and training junior staff.
- Checking/reviewing reports.
- The Associate would also help their other Director with the
management of their Southern office.
The projects would be for a diverse range of clients including those from the energy, waste, quarrying, industrial & residential sectors; main contractors, remediation contractors, local authority, etc.
Qualifications & Experience
- At least 20 years’ experience
- BSc or MSc in relevant Earth / Environmental Sciences subjects
- Chartered e.g. with The Geological Society or equivalent.
- Knowledge of UK/EU standards.
- Understanding of geotechnical/ground engineering.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent reporting skills.
Our client is a successful, dynamic and expanding medium sized consultancy which provides comprehensive, innovative, geotechnical and geoenvironmental expertise to the building, civil engineering and waste management industries; including the development of brownfield land. They provide consultancy, design and construction supervision services for all stages of projects from initial conceptual studies through to end delivery of schemes and long term maintenance and monitoring of permitted facilities. They aim to hire the best people in the business from the perspective of both technical skills and commercial acumen, and are seeking a candidate with strong interpersonal skills, an excellent attitude, creative flair and an ability to innovate in their market place.
They offer a friendly working environment, 25 days holiday per year and a competitive salary. They are an equal opportunities employer.